Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fruit Day

Today, August 6th is the Day to Bless Fruit.

Mommy explained to me that on the Feast of the Transfiguration, her church blesses fruit.

The way she understands it, fruit symbolizes rebirth -- a seed turns into a tree and the tree bears fruit. When the fruit falls from the tree, new seeds get planted and turn into new trees and bear new fruit. So, they bless fruit in church. (I'm sure it is more complex than that -- but Mommy tried to keep it simple.)

So, Mommy and I were super busy today preparing a basket of fruit.


Here I am after we finished putting together the basket of fruit.



I had to dodge a couple of grapes that fell down when Mommy was arranging the basket. I ate a grape -- I don't know if I like grapes -- I guess I will know during my next potty session if grapes like me.



Mommy saw this sign in the supermarket and showed it to me. It made me think of my friend Mango the Mastiff. I wonder how big the basket would have to be if my friend Mango the Mastiff had to sit in a basket?

Good night blog friends! That sure was a busy day!

Lassiter Chase the Sheltie

3 comments:

  1. You were great helping Mom. Do they bless bones, too? We like the blessing of the pets day.

    -Katy & Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy & Bailey -- Mommy's church hasn't blessed pets yet. Some priests do -- but Mommy's church hasn't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete