Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sheltie Astronomy class

Mommys niece is learning about astronomy in science class.  

Us Shelties demonstrated a concept about direct and indirect rays.

See Benji and I were sleeping as Mommy was trying to help her niece understand the concept.  

Mommy said pretend the lamp is the sun.  Lassie is sleeping on the table and is leaning closer to the sun and getting stronger direct rays from the sun. Lassie is like Summertime in the northern hemisphere where it is hotter.

Benji was laying on the floor further from the lamp (sun).  Benji was demonstrating indirect rays from the sun in wintertime in the Northern hemisphere. Those rays are weaker and cover a larger area (mommy said to her niece, an easy way to remember this is that Benji is fatter than Lassie so the sun is covering a larger area.)

Mommys niece totally understood the concept now and answered 2 pages of homework easily based on our Sheltie demonstration.

Glad us Shelties could be of help.

16 comments:

  1. Crikey .... what would they do without us, aye?? Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the perfect class room helpers - hope you got paid with a few extra treats

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are really clever dogs, I bet Niece will remembers this now, pawfect teaching
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done in helping your Niece,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's what I always say: we need dogs in efurry school... they make it easier to learn and to understand :o) ... but instead an apple fo the doggie-teacher, I suggest a greenie :o)easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT was an EXCELLENT Tutorial on RAYS.... and we are sure that She will get an A+ on that assignment.... THANKS to the Two of YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW......we agree with Easy, dogs should be used more often as teaching aids!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need you when I was in school. Ho-RAY!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need you when I was in school. Ho-RAY!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice that you are now official tutors! And in the sciences too!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great demo, guys! Maybe you should go to school to show the others.

    We're getting that indirect sunlight here, now....actually, it's so cloudy, don't think we're getting any sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are sooooo smart! Science has never been my thing, but now, I finally get it!

    Thanks boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, she's sure lucky to have two EXPERT astronomer dogs there to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, she's sure lucky to have two EXPERT astronomer dogs there to help out!

    ReplyDelete