I, Lassie, was a nervous wreck and Mommys sister took this picture of me starring out the window looking fur them.
Mommy took Benji to the dogtor because he keeps scratching his eye. It happens often. Everytime they go to the vet, they talk about allergies.
We have a new theory what might be causing the allergy. Mommy told the vet she saw Benji scratching his face in a bush in the yard. Its an evergreen bush. The vet says he might be allergic to the bush, and the oils in the bush could be irratating him ...plus, the bush is located under an oak tree. At a previous visit Mommy told the vet there are a lot of oak trees in the neighborhood. The vet thought it could be the oak pollen he was allergic to.
So our new theory is maybe Benji is allergic to the bush by the oak tree. (Could oak pollen be stuck in the bush and live thru winter- dont know.)
The vet wants us to fence off those bushes by our shed and see what happens.
Mommy said she will cut down the bushes, butt the vet said just fence it off for now and we will see what happens.
In the picture, those bushes in the back of our yard are already fenced off because little two leggers live in the house behind us and kids are stupid so mommy put a little fence in front of thosebushes as an extra cushion to keep their dirty little hands from reaching thru the fence to touch us.
So, today, Mommy is gonna fence off those bushes by the shed--its practically the coldest day and windiest day of the year, but Mommy loves us and is willing to freeze herself in order to help Benji with his allergy.
Any dog mom would do the same fur their fur-child.



Great idea and let us hope that will solve the mystery of the allergy.bHave a super Saturday.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes Molly
could they be holly bushes - dogs are highly allergic to holly bushes
ReplyDeleteIts not a holly. We dont know exactly the name of the bush but it looks like a picture of a spreading yew we saw on the internet.
DeleteI hope you will find the reason and I hope Benji's eye will be better soon. I have a similar problem: I pee on that bushes and because I have not much fur between my legs, that area looks like the area around Benji's eyes. We have a truckload of meds at home and by now we made the best experience with simple vetericyn. I'm glad you have really a super-mom who is outside now in that cold to make the yard safe for you.
ReplyDeleteEasy Rider
Oh I hope Benji's eye gets better real quick.
ReplyDeleteI finks my peeps would be doing the same as your Mom, don't you just luff that you peeps luff you sooo much!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx
OH MY... Benji... your eyes look so red and Irritated... you poor guy...
ReplyDeleteYES... Pollen can actually stay... VIABLE for THOUSANDS of Years... Scientists have used Pollen sealed in Mummy tombs... and also Pollen that was Frozen in ICE and it is still Pollinate.. So that COULD be the culprit.. OR the bush itself ...
We hope that the fencing does the trick.
Oh dear, I don't think my comment stuck...but basically I was saying that I hope the fence works, that eye looks like it is really itchy!! Poor Benji!!
ReplyDeleteWe hope you find the reason and quickly. Itchies are no fun!
ReplyDeleteI hope the fence works and that ends the problem.
ReplyDeleteBentley
My BFF Finley has tons of allergies, dey are no fun.
ReplyDeleteOh Benji, we're sorry to hear about your eye boo-boo! Allergies are a horrible thing and we just bet that staying away from those bushes just might do the trick. Tell Mom to bundle up when she goes outside.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin
Poor Benji. His eye looks really itchy. I hope the fence solves the problem.
ReplyDeleteAllergies can be so tough to solve.