I (Lassiter Chase the Sheltie) am so MAD at the Bunny Rabbit that has been visiting my property!
I go out in the back yard to do surveillance, and low and behold I start barking at the "bunny". I smelled a bunny and saw a brown bunny shape in the grass. So, naturally I start barking and chasing it because I thought that was the bunny!
However it was only a "decoy bunny" that I was barking at. Not sure if you can tell but in the picture, there are a few leaves that are in a "bunny formation". There are 2 leaves sticking up like bunny's ears, and the rest of the leaves formed the bunny's body.
However, when I was busy barking at the decoy bunny, the real bunny got away! Yap, the real bunny took off towards the front of the house, and I was not able to chase it since I was still perplexed by the Decoy Bunny.
![]() |
| Back Yard - Decoy Bunny |
![]() |
| Front Yard- Real Bunny |
![]() |
| The real bunny! |
The Real Bunny said...Silly Shelties, Rabbits are for Tricks!
We say... Silly Rabbit, Trix are fur kids!
Don't worry bunny -- we are on to your leaf tricks! We won't fall for the Decoy Bunny next time!
Lassie & Benji



The first mistake is calling them bunnies. Bunnies are cute, cuddly, and sweet. These are not the Easter Bunny who brings you dog treats. These are cold, hard, calculating RABBITS. They will stop at nothing to destroy your gardens.
ReplyDeleteWe chased one this morning who thought he was safe hiding in the Hosta. There seems to have been a population explosion this year.
OMP (oh my pig) that is too funny! That clever bunny. Just wait until next time huh? XOXO - Bacon
ReplyDeleteOh my dawg how embarrassing. He probably planted that decoy bunny there as a prank
ReplyDeleteSnorts,
Lily & Edward
Drats. How sneaky is that? Decoy bunny should be deaded and then you can get on chasing the real thing. Have a marvellous Monday.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes Molly
OMD, what a sneaky bunny!! You'd better teach him a lesson.
ReplyDeleteohhh that was sooooooooo mean of that bunny!! BOL! Barks and licks and love, Dakota www.dakotasden.net
ReplyDeleteI totally understand how you could be fooled. I was walking in the woods today and swore I saw a bear lying on the ground! I got super scared and stopped in my tracks. Chewy and Oreo seemed relaxed as could be...what was wrong with them? There's a BEAR right in front of us!
ReplyDeletewelll....turns out is was a downed tree impersonating as a bear.
So, best to bark at the decoy, because you never can be too careful.
Good luck with your rabbit hunt boys! Chewy says they are much easier to catch that squirrels (he caught a rabbit once(or twice, much to my horror), because rabbits can't climb trees.
Could be that it was a hare, now hares are even sneakier than bunnies.
ReplyDelete:-) x
Oh that happened to me too, thought it was a mouse, butt it was a rotten potato... probably the bunny placed that leaves with purpose there... next time the luck of the hunters is with you
ReplyDeleteTHAT was an EVIL trick to have played on you two. SO very much like their Cussins.. the SQUIRRELS.. We need to be watching out fur these VILE TRICKS.
ReplyDeleteOMD we THINK that the BUNNY might have eaten our comment.
ReplyDeleteSo we say DOUBLE SHAME on the Evil BUNNY... fur Tricking YOU TWO... and NOW eating our Comment.
THEY are Cussins to Squirrels, you know.
You two make my mom laugh. But they are evil Rabbits not cute bubbies.
ReplyDeleteBentley
those cunning bunnies ........we wonder if it has a magic hat to jump in to
ReplyDeleteWhat a cheeky and SLY bunny! No wonder you're barking at it.
ReplyDeleteI bark dem decoy bunnies.
ReplyDeleteHehe those sneaky bunnies. You won't fall for that anymore. Hope you guys have been well while we've been away from the computer. We've missed you!
ReplyDeleteBoys I feel your pain.....my nemesis is a bushy tailed tree rodent. He comes up to my deck door , shakes he busy tail in my face then turns around and glares at me.
ReplyDeleteOH if I could just break the glass door I'd show him a thing or two
Hugs madi your bfff
Why oh way do you chase bunnies? Why the leave the most delictable treats. Why my vet says they are natures treat made from fresh grass and pre digested.
ReplyDeleteChase Squirrels!
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot
We had a bunny living underneath our deck early summer - and we never even knew he was there. Very sneaky they are.
ReplyDeletehugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta
That bunny needs you to teach him a lesson!
ReplyDeleteLove Sasha
Lassie, could you not have used your -get ready for it... NOSE? Maybe you could have smelled the difference between the leafy bunny and the meaty bunny. Next time, use the nose!
ReplyDeleteWow, those critters are so feisty! BOL That is a really good decoy and I can totally see falling for that. Well, he'll come back and you'll be ready for him next time.. BOL
ReplyDeleteGrr and Woof,
Sarge, Pol Comm
I bet the real bunny put those leaves there on purpose!!!
ReplyDelete