Saturday, August 30, 2014

Grandma called Benji what???

Grandma accidentally called Benji by the name "Bill" today.    Mommy was paying bills this morning and Benji jumped up on the sofa next to Mommy and the pile of bills.  So, Grandma wanted Ben to jump off the sofa.  So she said... Bill, come here Bill.

Benji hesistated...he was like...is Grandma talking to me?

It was so funny and even Grandma had a good laugh when she realized she called him by the wrong name.

Now Mommy's got that School House Rock song stuck in her head.   I'm just a Bill. http://youtu.be/tyeJ55o3El0


Gee, wonder if Benji was a Bill sitting in committee, what kind of law would Benji want to be.   I know how about a 3 treat minimum per day law.


16 comments:

  1. Dad mixes up our names all the time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd treat minimum sounds good to us snorts. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "I'm just a Bill...sitting here on capitol hill." Such a catchy tune

    3 treats? I think more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Mom remembers when our sister used to LOVE that BILL song. She will be singing it now.... sheesh.
    That is funny that grandma called Benji... BILL. Like the time our MOM called our DAD.... FRANKIE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think you better go ask Grandpa just who the heck is Bill? Maybe she has a special someone on the side that you don't know about! :)

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just Mommy and Grandma live with us. Grandpa went to heaven years ago. Mommy is sure Grandpa is watching us from heaven. I am sure he would have loved us Shelties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 treat minimum sounds like a good law to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh then Benji should be in that commitee,the treat-law sounds great! ... and now my mom sings that song to me in an endless loop... help...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have liked to have seen the look on his face when she did that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'd vote for him. Three treats per day should definitely be a MINIMUM!

    We get called the wrong names all the time. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snorts. Mommy remembers that song. I had to ask her what it meant and she started singing it to me. Hilarious my friend. And don't feel bad. Sometimes daddy calls all of us kids here at the Hotel Thompson by different names. It's funny. We just snort and meow at him. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Momma once called my kitty brother Scribbles "Steve". She has no idea where it came from. He was meowing at her a lot and driving her crazier, so she shouted at him to be quiet. Only it came out "STEVE!!" Scribbles says he was so shocked, he shut right up as he tried to puzzle out why Momma was calling him funny names.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is funny. Sometimes Mommy calls human Sissy by my name(snickers). Sometimes she calls me Sassy, but I don't know where she gets that from.

    Love Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. MOL MOL Benji...remember it doesn't matter what they call you as long as they call you to dinner....or so my Gpa used to say
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom came from a large family, she says as long as they don't call you by the boy/girl opposite names, you shouldn't be offended. She learned to answer to any girls name. However, she drew the line at answering to her brother's names.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe, that's a great new law, Bill. Ooops, Benji. How silly :-) My grandma calls me her dog's name and our cats' names all the time. You know what? If she's calling me she usually has a treat so I'd go by pretty much any name!

    ReplyDelete