Now we've been doing a lot of thinking.
And we thinks our blog friend Ernie is gonna have a barkday on August 4th or 5th. Ernie is a Dashund (not sure if we spelled that right - sorry Ernie).
Benji was born in OHIO and that's the state Frankie and Ernie are from.
Benji has a vague memory of being born in the middle of the night right between August 4 and August 5th.
Could Benji and Ernie be related?
Benji wondered if one pawrent was a Sheltie and the other pawrent was a Dashund. Eventhough the birth certificate said Benji was a "purebred" we think that means Benji only ate bread and purely only bread when he was born. Isn't that where the term "purebread" comes from? Good thing Benji isn't a picky eater anymore!
Anyway, Benji wondered what he would look like if he took after his other side of the family.
Would he look something like this...
Or maybe he would look very long and something like this.
![]() |
| A selfie photo of Mommy laying on the sofa and us on the end table behind her. |
![]() |
| I, Lassie, am sticking my tongue out fur the picture. And Benji is laughing! Good times! Thanks fur reading our post -- you all are good furiends! Lassie and Benji and Mommy |
.jpg)
.jpg)


Happy Barkday Benji - we are positive you are Frankie must be related
ReplyDeleteHappy bark day Benji!
ReplyDeleteBENJI..... BENJI it is ME ... ERNIE... Frankie's Brother... and YOUR almost TWIN. OMD OMD we are REALLY ALMOST TWINS... ESP if you were born Close to MIDNIGHT on the 5th... OMD this is AMAZING.... I have a TWIN... Probably and Daddy Twin since we are NOT Identical like Mommy twins are...
ReplyDeleteOMD HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY to MY TWIN... BENJI. From YOUR TWIN ERNIE.
I hope YOU have a Super DUPER WONDERFUL BIRFDAY... THIS is incredible...FANGTASTICAL. Guess WHAT... we even have some of the Same colors of furs.... I have a little white under my chin... and I have Red Furs with BLACK overlay... you have a little of those colors TOO. And we BOTH have Long FURS and REGAL Noses.
We MUST be twins. HAPPY BIRFDAY BRO.
CELEBRATE LIKE a Squirrel on Steroids.
It's the 4th HERE, so Happy, yappy Barkday, Benji!!!!! Ya know Ernie (Roxy's boyfriend) has LONG furs like yours....just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Benji! That is just amazing that you and Ernie might be twins!!
ReplyDeleteWho Knew??
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta
I came over from Sarge's blog. I really like that ball you sent him!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Ernie and also to Benji!
Happy Birthday to Benji. We hope your special day was one filled with fun and treats. Have a marvellous Monday.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes Molly
Happy barkday Benji!! :)
ReplyDelete-Lilli-
Happy BIrthday Benji!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you two must be related somehow.
Loooooong Benji made me laugh so hard!
Happy birthday, Benji, and may there be lots more happy birthdays!
ReplyDeleteOMD, who knew Benji and Ernie were brothers?! That's pawesome! Happy barkday to both of you!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY HAPPY BARKDAY BENJI!!!! Finally gave you a shout out on the blog last weekend! Here is the link:http://dakotasden.net/2014/08/01/barking-out-the-thank-yous/
ReplyDeleteHa! I'm always too late on your blog because of my smart WP-reader, but this time I'm punctually there for your BARKDAY! Happy Birthday, have a great day and enjoy a wonderful day! I'm sure you are related with Ernie... bet you were even twins :o)
ReplyDeleteHappy BarkDay Benji. I can see how you are Ernie's brother, the nose, the color.
ReplyDeleteMay you have the best BarkDay and may it be at least a week celebration.
Bentley
Happy BarkDay to Benji. We are glad to meet you!
ReplyDelete~MamaLisa
Oh Benji, please forgive us for being a day late! Mondays are not Mamma's thing and I miss out on all the Monday fun - like YOUR barkday. Hope you had a terrific one! xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Benji!!! I hope your day was great from beginning to end!!
ReplyDeleteLoveys Sasha
p.s. is there any cake left?? Just wondering...
Happy belated birfday ol bean, Luv's.
ReplyDeleteLuv's Cat Flap Cavalier X
Happy birthday, Benji! We sure hope you had a day filled with treats and fun.
ReplyDeletePat
Critter Alley
Belated Happy Birthday Benji!! :-)
ReplyDelete