Friday, August 31, 2012

Skipper Lassiter Chase...

Lassie to Benji:  Stay back Ben...must investigate what this object is that Mommy pulled out of the shed.

Lassie: Looks like a steering wheel. 
Benji: And it smells like fish!!!


Lassie:  It's a boat steering wheel.
Benji:  Mommy, it's a...whatever Lassie said!  Yup, that's it!


Lassie to Mommy:  Mommy, I don't think you should touch that thing.
Benji to Mommy:  Yeah, the neighborhood cats might think you are a fish!

Lassie to Benji:   Benji, just stay back here with me where it's safe.

Benji to Lassie:  OK, I will back up to where it is safe.

Lassie to Benji:  You are a little too close to me now.

Benji:  What did you say?

Lassie yelling at Benji:    G I L L I G A N !!!
Benji to Mommy:  I think you should put that thing back in the shed now.
Ahoy there matey!   Look at what Mommy pulled out of our shed...a boat's steering wheel.  Mommy's brother bought it at some sort of yard sale once and it just sits in our shed.  (Well it used to hang on the wall in the house, but after Mommy's brother got married -- Mommy put it in the shed.)  So, Mommy finally mowed our lawn, so, she was able to pull out the steering wheel for a picture before she put the lawn mower back in the shed.  

Wasn't that a great adventure!



Have a great weekend!

"Skipper" Lassiter Chase & his "Little Buddy" Benjamin Gilligan  (aka Lassie & Benji)

9 comments:

  1. Oh Skipper and Lil' Buddy! We get your joke because you know what my Momma's name is - she always tells people, just think of Gilligan's Island and think of me. We've got that in common! I love that steering wheel! Hope you got some good sniffs from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From hanging on a wall in the house, right to the shed! I can tell that your mom really loved having that hang on the wall. LOL. That is why I refuse to stop at any garage sale while Jeff is in the car. We'd end up with some old boat engine hanging on our wall :)

    Enjoy your freshly cut lawn. HOpe it doesn't turn your feet green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wheel looks really good! My mom loves garage sale but it isn't really popular over here.

    A fresh mowed lawn just reminded me that I have to tell my dad to mow my lawn as those weeds are foot long and they disturb me when I sit there being a model for sister Rosie.

    ~ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gilligan! What a fun photo shoot that was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They looked like a pair of old sea dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boat steering wheel is very cool. I notice your last few posts have a had nautical themes!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a ship to attach that thing too?

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete