Mommy's Mish Mash Monday Dream
Mommy had a dream this morning. She dreamt she was shopping at a regular grocery store and there was a lady there selling some gourmet chocolate. The chocolate was very expensive, Mommy doesn't remember exactly what the price was. There were 2 types of chocolate: milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
When Mommy looked at the name on the wrapper of the milk chocolate bar it said "Lassie" on it. Then she looked at the name of the wrapper of the dark chocolate bar and it said "Benji" on it.
Mommy said, "I'll take a dozen of each!" (Mind you, Mommy could never afford 24 gourmet chocolate bars - she only wanted to buy them was because the chocolate bars were named Lassie and Benji .)
So, then the lady selling the chocolate bars said, "You know, we sell those chocolates in bricks too!" And then she pulled out bricks of chocolates with Lassie and Benji names all over it!
Mommy didn't know what to do -- Mommy said, "I'll just take the bars of chocolate" and the saleslady said, "Are you sure you don't want the bricks of chocolate -- you know they have Lassie and Benji names on it." Mommy felt horrible about not buying the bricks of chocolate, and didn't know what to do -- she probably would have to take out a loan or something because it was going to be super expensive! Mommy was in a panic. So, Mommy said, "I just want the bars of chocolate, I'm sure." It was time for Mommy to pay the lady. Mommy opened her purse and reached her hand in her purse, and wasn't sure if she made the right decision...
Then Mommy woke up.
Grandma said dreams on Monday morning don't come true. (Too bad, Mommy is in the mood for some chocolate!)
Mommy thinks part of her dream has to do with Benji being a naughty boy over the weekend on Saturday-- he did potty in the house, twice. He had plenty of chances to go in the yard, butt he just stood in the doorway or goofed around on the back porch (Gilligan). He doesn't normally do potty in the house, so this was very odd. We think he was just testing us -- and decided to be bad and show his dark side to see if he could get away with it.
Mommy made Benji sit outside as his time-out for about 10 minutes. I was very apologetic to Mommy on Benji's behalf -- I kept offering my paw to Mommy and giving her these puppy dog faces on behalf of Benji being bad (aren't I a good big brother or what!) On Sunday, Benji was a good boy and didn't do any potty in the house.
Mommy loves us both equally, even if Benji apparently has a dark side! Guess that's why she bought the same number of chocolate bars.
Not sure about the brick part of the dream. Maybe it has to do with just being happy with the little things you got. Butt, I think Mommy is still going to buy a lottery ticket anyway, just in case she analyzed the dream wrong! :)
Anyone else dreaming of chocolate too -- or is it just Mommy?
I would love to dream of chocolate!! Sorry about the potty in the house, that is no fun. Maybe not being able to buy the bricks is your subconscious feeling guilty about the time out?? I feel bad when I discipline Finn, even though I shouldn't. Let's dream about champagne and caviar tonight, ok!
ReplyDeleteMuch as I love chocolate, I've never dreamed about it. It's fascinating what our subconscious minds can conjure up!
ReplyDeletePat
Critter Alley
Gee, I dreamed a mouse was sitting on top of my bird feeder when I went to fill it.
ReplyDeleteScared me so bad I woke up.
I'll try thinking about willy wonka tonight, and maybe then I'll dream about chocolate!
I love a dog who's a bit naughty at times.
Maybe you are going to be building something soon, and that's what the bricks represented?
mom is always dreaming about that stuff, BOL
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
I dream about chocolate even when I'm awake!
ReplyDeleteMy mom does a lot of that kind of things. Anyway, I think she always lives in her dream and that's why she is so forgetful most of the time.
ReplyDeleteI do dream too! I think I dream of ice-cream, yogurt and cheese!
Eva
Momma says she'll take the bricks of chocolate so your mom doesn't have to worry.
ReplyDeleteMum loves chocolate but she can't ever remember dreaming about it!!
ReplyDeleteTail Wuggles, Rubie xxx