Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cat math

Mommy's nephew is in the 3rd grade.  He was working on math homework.  He is learning about fractions.  There was a word problem that went like this...

If a cat sleeps two thirds of a day and a human sleeps one third of a day, who sleeps longer?

Now we arent cats or anything, but we think something sounds fishy about this problem.

Maybe cats and dogs are similar in that it may LOOK like we are sleeping, butt in actuality we are WORKING hard undercover, pretending like we are sleeping.

I think someone needs to complain to the board of education about this word problem.

It is giving pets a bad reputation about sleeping all day.

Does this math problem sound fishy to anyone else?



In other news, the mailbox plaques are still guarding their post.  Even during a lite snow flurry, they guarded their mailbox.  Kudos to them.  
Lassie


Benji


12 comments:

  1. We're not sure about cats being on CONSTANT guard like us dogs, but we do know that people are taller, therefore, longer, so they must sleep longer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty shure they're not sleepin dat much - just plannin on stealin foodz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenevers I see the Push-T-Cats down my street they are very awake....do they sleep at all????
    I do luffs your mailbox plaques
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly that is the new common core math....which everyone knows makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely fishy... my mom feels with the nephew. that kind of math ruined her future... I wonder what human has the time to sleep one third of a day.... that human should get a dog what keeps him busy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't know about that word problem. Math makes me sleepy. BOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a tricky one fur sure! My Mom always says "There are three types of peeps in the world, those who are good at math and those who aren't". BWAR HAR HAR That tells about her math skills. BOL. A cat nap by any other problem would still be a nice snooze. OMD I love your mailbox!!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats DEFINITELY sleep that much, and they're NOT just faking. But we dogs, we're totally on guard at ALL TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the apples and oranges problems better ~ at least you can eat those.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dip sleeps 9/10ths of the day, :D
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. But weren't dogs and cats put on this Earth to teach humans how to relax? How to sleep properly?

    ReplyDelete