Yesterday morning, bright and early, we woke up Mommy nice and sweetly with licks and cuddles and asked her nicely if she could let us out so we could go potty in the yard!
SIKE! (Mommy is so gullible!)
We knew full well there was an ENEMY lurking around our territory.
Mommy opened the back door - and we took off barking and running like mad.
Do you see it?
Mommy was yelling our names and saying "leave it" and trying everything in her power (treats) to get us to stop barking and get us back in the house. Mommy didn't know what it was at the time, but knew we were barking at something, and she was afraid the neighbors were gonna start complaining about the noise we were making so early in the morning.
It's not the best picture -- butt do you know what that is....
It's a possum!
Right there between our fence and our neighbors fence.
It looked like it was stuck. The head (a light gray color) was too the left of the vertical pole in the fence and the body was to the right of the pole. Turns out the possum wasn't stuck after all. In about 10-15 minutes he left.
Mommy's brother-in-law drove over in the morning and checked the yard to make sure it was safe before they let us out again.
Mommy and Grandma were SOOO mad at us. They said we were in Trouble with a capital T.
They said, when we hear them calling our names -- we are supposed to obey and listen to them and come to them. (I gave them sympathetic doggie eyes and tried giving my (wet muddy) paw to them to apologize when they were giving us a talkin to!)
I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong -- butt is there a law written somewhere that says Dogs are supposed to obey their peeps 100% of the time?
Do humans obey all the stuff us Dogs tell them to do 187% of the time? NO! I can tell you for a fact that when my Mommy is watching a TV show, and I have to go to the potty, and I bother her to let me out -- she NEVER listens to me and continues to watch her show until a commercial break or whenever the show is finished.
I think us dogs had the right to bark at the wee hours of the morning if there is an intruder lurking about our property. Ok technically he was on the border line of our property. Butt that was close enough to being on our property.
Do you think us dogs wrongfully "got a talkin to" about obeying them. We were defending our land!


I'm glad you both are okay. Those possums are MEAN!
ReplyDeletePat
Critter Alley
I'm glad you both are okay. Those possums are MEAN!
ReplyDeletePat
Critter Alley
WELL BOYS IT SEEMS TO ME YOU TWO AND YOUR PEEPS DID WHAT COMES NATURALLY
ReplyDeleteTO ME. OF COURSE YOU WERE DEFENDING YOUR TURF AND YOUR PEEPS WERE DEFENDING YOU! IT IS HARD TO COME WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING SO INTERESTING.
WHEN PEEPS ARE SCARED THEY GIVE LECTURES....I GUESS YOU TWO HAVE TO LISTEN.. I'M SO GLAD THAT POSSUM DIDN'T GET IN YOUR YARD.
LOTS OF HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF
Oh boy a possum... that pawesome... I probably would join the trouble-team with the capital T...
ReplyDeleteAt last I'm glad that you are ok and I hope the possum tells all his friends that this yard is well protected and the possum-crew looks for another playground far away from you ...
easy rider
A Possum in your yard...woohoo, that certainly deserves a good barking!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd as for obeying the peeps, in my book, that should be the EXCEPTION not the rule. Only done when it coincides with what you want, e.g. getting a treat! Otherwise, let 'em shout I say!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx
Wow and you just wanted to carry out some Homeland Security and they call you trouble with a big T. The cheek of it. Have a tremendous Thursday.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes Molly
You tricked them pretty good. We wonder if they will let you out potty next time
ReplyDeleteLily & Edward
OMD OMD we think you should call 1-800-878-7878 and turn this over to Ernie the Attorney...
ReplyDeleteYou were AWESOME at keeping the POSSUM away from your Peeps and your Estate... Possums are MEAN and they have diseases and they are just NOT good fur being around....
Your peeps were Wrong... and YOU were Right... Just sayin.
Sometimes you are right and sometimes the peeps are right. But possums are bad news, good job keeping your peep safe.
ReplyDeleteBentley
Some things you just gotta bark at!
ReplyDeletehugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel
Don't they realize you were protecting them - who knows what could of happened if that possum got in your yard!
ReplyDeleteI think it's "t" for "terrific"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job boys! Someone has to keep the neighborhood safe. You can't count on those 'neighborhood watch committees' for nothin'.
ReplyDeleteNuffin wrong wif defendin your property against varmint introoders. I says ya deserves a steak.
ReplyDeleteWe bet it would have been a different story if that possum got in YOUR yard or HOUSE. We think the peeps would have appreciated your security work better.
ReplyDeleteOh, and great tactic getting out to bark at it!
Good 100% of the time? Ask them if THEY are good 100% of the time. I think NOT!
ReplyDeleteEw I don't like possums at all! You did a good job defending your land!
ReplyDeleteYous were just being dogs! That sort of happened at our house last fall 'cept it was a skunk. It didn't end as well either.
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley
Um, HELLO? It's a dog's JOB to pawtect his home and territory. You were doing your JOB and got a talking to over it?!?!
ReplyDeleteUm, HELLO? It's a dog's JOB to pawtect his home and territory. You were doing your JOB and got a talking to over it?!?!
ReplyDeleteWe are on your side. you did what you had to do to make sure everyone was safe. In times of possible war, listening doesn't have to happen!
ReplyDelete