Mommy decided to book a hotel room fur the Papal weekend in Philadelphia. Don't worry all her treadmill training with us paid off. Flat Lassie and Benji walked over 4 miles on Saturday and over 3 miles on Sunday during the Papal Weekend.
Flat Lassie and Benji saw lots of Pope banners on street sign posts in Philadelphia on Friday night. 


This is a picture with the Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in the background.

Saturday afternoon we headed to the Festival of Families.
We saw a Police Dog guarding everyone. Bravo to all the K9 police dogs who did a pawsome job on duty!

The picture version of Flat Lassie and Benji (not the keychain version) took a picture with the Jumbotron in the background. The comedian was talking about bread and making us very hungry...pretzel bread, garlic knots, pumpernickle bread.

On Sunday we got to the Parkway super early! Like 7 am! The Mass didnt start until 4pm. It was hard navigating the crowds that early in the morning. People must have camped out and slept on the street overnight.
Again we were very blessed to have a great view of the Altar.

When Mommy came home, she brought back a Pope Doll! We were excited to see the Pope Doll but even more excited to see our Mommy!
Grandma and Mommys niece and nephew took great care of us while Mommy was on the pilgrimage with Flat Lassie and Benji. Thank you fur taking care of us!
We also want to thank all the Bloggers who had positive vibes and the Power of the Paw fur our safe trip. Thanks fur having our back!

Benji, Pope Francis Doll, and Lassie


The comedians name was Jim Gaffigan who was on the Jumbotron picture. We furgot his name so had to look it up.
ReplyDeleteOh my God I have to have a pope doll!!! Where do I get one. You are so lucky
ReplyDeleteLily & Edward
Shop on the World Meeting of Families website fur the doll. Try this link http://shop.worldmeeting2015.org/product/146239
DeleteGlad your trip went well - how exciting to see the Pope!
ReplyDeletehugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & mabel
What a pawsome adventure!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful time the Flat Boyz had, we are so glad you got to go with your Mama to see the Pope!
ReplyDeleteSmileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
A Pope Doll? We're not sure about that. Glad you got to go and we know you'll have many blessings.
ReplyDeleteGlad you Lady had a safe trip. It was nice of her to take you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a wonderful adventure and you were there :o) The doll is a wonderful memory and it's great that Pope Francis is with you now efurry day that way :o)
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so glad you got to see the Pope! Um, I hope that Pope doll is for looking at, not for doggy chewing. That just seems kind of mean, you know?
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so glad you got to see the Pope! Um, I hope that Pope doll is for looking at, not for doggy chewing. That just seems kind of mean, you know?
ReplyDeleteYap the Pope doll is fur Mommy.
DeleteSounds like a great time at popeapalooza!
ReplyDeletethat had to be a most incredible experience, you are so lucky to have attended. What I love about him, is he has touched people of ALL faiths, not just those who are Catholic.
ReplyDeleteDakotasDen
I'm glad you guys got to see the Pope live! We watched some on TV and thought it must have been amazing to be there.
ReplyDeleteOH MY Cats what a wonderful once in a lifetime experience!!! And your flats went too
ReplyDeleteHugs madi your bfff
To see Pope Francis and to actually here him you were blessed to be able to go. We watched as much as we could on television. That Kim Davis is on our local news every night and we were glad The Vatican issued a statement claiming Pope Francis' meeting with Davis was not a show of support for her and her acts. Though she is stating The Pope said otherwise.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot
Hi Lassie & Benji ~ With my comment yesterday I wanted to state that I am neither for nor against the issue that Ms Kim Davis spouts. But I am for public servants doing the job tax payer money pays for.
ReplyDeleteWish we could have seen Pope Francis and heard all his messages.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot
It must have been a wonderful experience. Any huge group of people meeting together to express any faith is an uplifting and amazing thing. I went to my local park when the young Catholics of the world came to Australia a few years ago - World Youth Day - and I could feel the belief of the young people in a way I haven't experienced before. An indigenous elder performed an Aboriginal smoke ceremony to welcome the young people and the mix of this ancient culture with the two thousand-year-old Catholic belief was amazing.
ReplyDeleteBoy - Mom would be saying like a zillion Hail Mary's if I had eaten the Pope Doll. Thanks for sharing your fabulous day.
ReplyDeleteAbby Lab