Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mommy's memory from 20 years ago

Mommy was looking closely at one of her favorite stuffed animals today.  She got that stuffed animal 20 years ago and keeps it high on the shelf.

When she turned Babs Bunny around and looked at it in the outdoor light she noticed some black, brown, gray, and white colored furs on it.  The furs were short... too short to be Sheltie hairs.  And why would there be gray colored fur?

 
  Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but it shows some small furs on the back of the stuffie's head.  And the furs are really wedged in there, just by swiping her hand, she couldn't knock the furs off.
 
 
Then it dawned on Mommy --- Mommy used to keep that Babs Bunny stuffed animal on her bed for years before she put it high on the shelf.
 
But guess who also used to like to sleep on Mommy's bed 20 years ago --  Mommy's cat!   Mommy had a cat named "Murko", you have to roll the "r" in the name to say it right.  She was a girl cat that Mommy had for most of her school years.  The cat liked to hang around Mommy.  The dogs of the family used to hang out with everyone, they weren't picky.
 
Anyway, Mommy was so happy when she realized the furs on the back of Babs Bunny must have been those of her cat that she used to have.  
 
Brought back a lot of memories fur Mommy.

Murko the cat with Dakin the frog.

Mommy had many dogs in her life growing up, but only one cat.


It's amazing that the treasure (of finding the cat hairs on the back of a stuffed animal) were hidden in plain site.

I mean, if Mommy wasn't looking at the stuffed animal in bright outdoor light -- she probably wouldn't have noticed the furs at all.

I wonder what other treasures there are hidden, right before your eyes,  -- if only you search for it.


Lassie and Benji  














11 comments:

  1. Sweet memories. Happy Farther's day to your daddy and have a lovely serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to bring back memories....

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD OMD what a GRAND Find that was. Imagine Murko Placing them there so long ago... just so your mom could find them all these years later... What a Treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet to find Murko's precious fur!

    I've saved some off all my animals. Like having a little piece of them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so special.I think Murko was trying to communicate with your Mommy and was sending much love. I bet Murko still sits with that bunny when you aren't looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful blog post! I'll keep my eyes open for hidden treasures all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, what a good point and a great post. I have my childhood dog's collar and my other childhood dog's favorite stuffed animal and just holding them brings me such comfort! It is so sweet to find an unexpected surprise like that. Your mommy must have been so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make a point of leaving LOTS of future memories for Momma all over the house. She'll be thrilled to remember me someday when she comes across my furs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great memory! And such a true thought. So many beautiful things are right under our noses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a cute story. I like that Babs Bunny saved a memory of Murko for such a long time. That was very nice, Babs! It's like a greeting from Murko for your mom :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that story! And you are so right. We all need to look for the hidden gems that surround us.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete