Friday, April 4, 2014

We tried to sneak into the Play

We tried so hard to sneak into Mommy's niece's school play last weekend, butt we were caught!  I don't know how anyone was able to tell it was us -- we tried to sneak in as Winkies.  (The Winkies are the Guards at the Witches Castle in the play -- The Wizard of Oz).

Benji and Lassie as Winkies.


So, all we got was to see the Program Book from the Play!  That's us posing  (very sleepy) with the program book on the bed.  We so wanted to see Toto the dog!  We heard he was really good!  Mommy said Toto looked like a stuffed animal.   (Butt we all know, they couldn't have used a stuffed doggie to play that part!)  Mommy said when you heard Toto bark, his mouth didn't move.  He must have been a ventriloquist doggie - that takes some serious acting skills to bark and not move your mouth! 

 
The Petron messages that all the bloggers sent in to congratulate Mommy's niece took up a full page in the program book, and there were a few that even wrapped around to the other page.  (P.S. That's Toto's picture at the top of the Petron Page.  I know --  the lighting in our house is horrible fur taking pictures!) 
 
Benji and Lassie posing with the Thank You Postcard from Freya Rose.  It has a goose on the postcard!
 
And as a super surprise we got a special postcard in the mail from Freya Rose Blossom.  She sent us a thank you postcard from across the pond to thank us fur sending her the Wizard of Oz themed Pet Bandana!  How nice was it to get a thank you card in return for sending a thank you card.    Bloggers are the best!

Thank you again everyone!  We will always have such wonderful memories anytime we think of the Wizard of Oz from now on! 

Have a great weekend.

Lassie and Benji

23 comments:

  1. An'we Beaglebratz wanna thank-u agin tue. Our mom'z sis got the mail fur us that day an'wundered'boutz the "bump" - mom opened it an'out came the bandanaz. Aunt sis sed when she openz her mail - all she gitz iz junk mail or billz. Oh well there r sum really neeto-sweeto benefitz tue livin'in Blogville :)
    Shiloh'n Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you both make great Winkies. I do not know why you could not stay for the play unless you both were to loud. Just a thought.
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I (Frankie Furter) am PAWSITIVE that it was a REAL Toto... beclaws guess WHAT??? I Frankie Furter... was actually IN A PLAY Myself... I played the Pawt of FRANKlin Delano Dawg... in a community theater Play one Christmas.
    So WE think it was TERRIBLE that they did NOT allow YOU TWO into the PLAY. HOW RUDE of them. You would have Cheered on the Actors and ACTRESSES fur SURE. Peeps just do NOT make ANY Sense at all.
    Wow that was a LOT of cheerful messages fur your girl.
    We WISH that You HAD been allowed to attend. BUTT at LEAST you got a super PLAY BOOK to remind you of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo, bravo we say. We are cheering and clapping over here. So glad it all went well and we love our bandana. Mum was so kind to send it to us and even more thrilled that she made it herself. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, in the 200 years--no maybe the 200 times--SHE's watched the Wizard of OZ, SHE never knew those were Winkies. Just the guards. Did your tails move out of control like the Lion's...BOL!

    XXXOOO Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOL we can't figure out how they knew it was you
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, why didn't they let you stay! I'm sure you would have been terrific!

    Ruby (and Angel Pip)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make great winkies...wink wink :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two look wonderful in your costume! Can't believe they didn't let you in.

    Hope your niece enjoyed every moment! She will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have let a pair of cool dudes like you in....
    WELL DONE Mom's niece.
    So love my bandanna's Thank you... luv's Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't live theater wonderful! And even more wonderful if you know someone in the musical! I'm glad it went well, but I wish they had let you in to meet Toto!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't live theater wonderful! And even more wonderful if you know someone in the musical! I'm glad it went well, but I wish they had let you in to meet Toto!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't live theater wonderful! And even more wonderful if you know someone in the musical! I'm glad it went well, but I wish they had let you in to meet Toto!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You would have made great Winkies. They don't know what they missed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I'm sure you would be great actors. And you are fabulous winkies.. But maybe it was not bad you were caught, imagine you had to be the wicked witch and someone would pour torrents of water over your head while you had to sing and to dance....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that was a great disguise!! We just had to stop by and thank you guys for all your great answers in our puzzler, even if they were wrong. Mommy giggled every time she read one of your answers.

    ♥♥♥Mona & Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a disappointment that you didn't get to go see your mom's niece doing what was surely a marvelous job, especially with your incredible disguise! But a program book is pretty exciting and your niece had lots of fans rooting her on. We sure hope she keeps it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish you'd post a picture of you two boys dressed as Winkies instead of just the Winkies from the movie... But I'm so glad the play went well. Cinderella and I are looking forward to a chance to wear our pawesome new bandanas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Benji and Lassie I think you both would have made excellent Winkies!!!
    You look very dashing in your costumes.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  20. You two made great Winkies. I don't understand how they could have caught you. Maybe you marched off beat. Well your Mom shared the program, not the same as being there in the dog, but the next best thing.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  21. You would have been pawfect Twinkie! You probably would have told the show so that's why they didn't want in it.

    Love Sasha

    ReplyDelete