Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trombone Weekend

Mommy had a cold last week.  She kept us up all night  throwing her socks all over the bedroom when she was hot. 

She also kept us up blowing her nose.   (So, that's why you see a roll of toilet paper on the night stand in the video below -- she ran out of tissues.)



Don't worry she is feeling better now.


So, since I am a considerate Sheltie, I let Mommy relax this weekend and I decided to direct Mommy's niece's Trombone practice over the weekend both on Saturday and Sunday in MY Master Bedroom.

(Video is a lot of barking-- be warned!)


http://youtu.be/o3HCOcZiq7o


Did you notice Mommy's niece tapping her foot to the beat of the music in MY Dog Bed on Saturday's rehearsal.


Lassie tapping the beat with his paw on the Music Folder on Sunday's rehearsal.

Lassie giving tips on the correct posture to hold the trombone.  Note the angle.  The trombone should not be tilted down. 
 

Lassie demonstrating the "tonguing" technique to blow into the mouthpiece to attack the shorter quicker notes like triplets.   

Hope everyone had a very nice weekend.

And thanks again to those who wished Mommy's niece congratulations on getting into the school play.  She was so happy to get so many wishes from you all to put into the program book.  We can't wait to see the program book -- I bet all our Petron ads will take up a full page.  It's so exciting.


Lassie and Benji


14 comments:

  1. Poor Mom - hope she is feeling much better. Gosh you guys are brave - if someone was blowing a trombone around us we would be hiding under the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy they know how to keep us awake. Hope she feels better
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great accompanying. I, Bella, came racing through the house to get close enough to listen!

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope mum is better now and great musical accompanying. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your mom was sickie butt GLAD she is better Now...
    OMD you had a CONCERT and Song Fest... RIGHT IN YOUR OWN Place. THAT is super grrreat. Ernie and I were singing along with you. It was SUPER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a performance. Great concert with you accomodating. Maybe you can go on the road with the act.
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Mom is feeling better. I think the trombone could be your instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry your mom has been sick, but great job with the trombone duet!

    When I was in the band, I always loved watching the trombone players. It seems like such a fun instrument to play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poor mom, glad she got a little rest in this weekend! What a talented niece, and Lassie it looks like you have some talents too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great you barked to the music! Shelties have the music-gene I think. btw: is that a green and a red sock on your nieces feet? cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap! Mommy's niece is all into mis-matched socks. Do you know they even sell mis-match socks in the store.

      Delete
  11. Wow that was like going to a real concert!!!


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was really good, especially with you on vocals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow… your barks are a beautiful complement to the music!

    ReplyDelete