Here is our reaction to seeing the book for the first time. Benji said the book smelled so good. He tried to nibble a page of it too.
Mommy has to confess. She hasn't read an actual fiction book in almost 20 years since High School.
So this moment was overwhelming for her. Mommy always hated the books she had to read for summer readings in High School. The topic of the books just didn't interest her, and she didn't feel she could relate to the books she was forced to read in High School. It used to take Mommy all Summer (3 months) to finish one book in High School. (It used to be like pulling teeth!)
Butt this time getting a book Mommy actually wanted to read -- was so different than when she was in High School. Mommy actually read the book over the weekend (3 days) instead of 3 months!
Mommy, totally loved the book (eventhough she was a big scaredy cat at times). Benji and I totally held our paws to her hand when she was scared during some chapters.
There was a lot of happy/funny moments in the book too -- so Mommy practically woke us up when she was laughing out loud -- way past her bedtime!
By far the best page of the entire book is PAGE 6 of the Paperback version because my name (LASSIE) is totally written in the book. I was so happy when I saw that! I totally knew Honey must be mentioning me in the book (and not that Lassie dog from the TV Show- Lassie.) I'm a star!
Now we don't want to spoil the book for anyone. So, if you haven't read the book yet -- just scroll past the pictures below. (I really don't think these pictures really spoil anything -- butt this is what we did to demonstrate something in Chapter 14 -- and we totally used a different kind of stuffie than what was mentioned in the book.
This is a magician's hat.
Here Benji is pulling something out of a magician's hat!
Oh my dog -- Benji totally pulled out his eye-less snake stuffie out of that Magician's hat!
And now I (Lassie) will show you another Magician's trick.
(Don't say I look like Abe Lincoln in this picture either!)
Mommy knows I hate hats -- why on earth did she put this hat on my head is beyond me!
This is a bunny rabbit sitting in the magician hat.
I will totally make the bunny rabbit disappear. Here he goes....
Umm, Bunny Rabbit, I can kinda see your ear sticking out of the hat.
Ta Da! It worked the Bunny Rabbit totally disappeared in the hat!
I know these Magician Hat photos aren't quite what went on in the book -- butt we had fun acting out a scene. (Well somewhat acting out the scene from a chapter.)
Benji and I totally recommend reading this book! Mommy totally recommends it too (she laughed at times, cried, was scared, she went thru so many emotions -- she NEVER felt like that reading anything in High School.)
Congratulations to Big Honey Dog on your Book! It's Pawsome! We are so proud of you, Honey!
Lassie and Benji the Shelties










COOL! I haven't read it yet so I didn't look at the rest of your pictures but isn't it cool that we know someone that wrote a book! Glad your Mom liked it, and that you were there for the scary parts to hold her hand!
ReplyDeleteSounds worth a read! How awesome cool hat
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
I still need to order the book! I've never used Amazon before and I think that's why it's taking me so long to order the book. Maybe I need to ask some help from my partner. I would really like to get the book for Christmas (at least then I would have time to read it :D).
ReplyDelete-Lilli-
SHE totally understands that High School list thingy. SHE was always reading something else and then getting the Monarch notes to to try to figure out what the set text was about.
ReplyDeleteGreat magician show, guys.
XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy
I've read it too, and I loved it. I bought the eBook version, though, so I'll have to buy the hardcopy one so I can have it on my shelf.
ReplyDeleteCool! I haven't read it yet, but I definitely am going to!
ReplyDeleteThere are so many GOOD books out there, I still don't get why high schools have to pick some of the duller ones and ruin reading for everyone!
It sounds like a SUPER book.
ReplyDeleteWE loved your Magic HAT TRICKS!! You could put on an entire magic show fur US.
we read the day it was released on amazon and loved it....honey and her Mom did a pawsome job
ReplyDeleteWhat a great book - with your name too! Great new toy by the way. A magic hat is the best toy around.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a pawsome book! ...I mean, for a dog and all. ; )
ReplyDeleteSay, do you think I could borrow that magic hat to make a certain orange cat disappear???
; ) Katie
This book sounds pawesome! Thanks for letting us know!
ReplyDeleteOh Benji & Lassie - I'm just finally catching up on blogs now and I was so surprised to see this post!! Thank you so much for the totally pawsome write-up! And we LOVE the way you acted out one of the scenes in the book - oh, you had Hsin-Yi really smiling!! :-) We thought it was incredibly creative & clever of you.
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy your human enjoyed it and gosh, we're so very honoured that we're the first fiction book she's read in 20 years! :-)
Thank you again for helping us to spread the word!
Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. yes, that LASSIE in the book was totally you and not the movie doggie - hee! hee! :-)