Saturday, April 6, 2013

Baking Easter Bread

We were so busy with Easter preparations over the past couple of weeks.  Last year we showed you about the butter lamb Mommy carves when we bless Easter Baskets.  This year we video taped how we made our Easter Bread called Paska. 

So, there are 2 videos attached.  The 1st video is a highlight of us dogs during the Paska baking process.  We had to keep the room warm so the dough could rise -- and one of us dog's did a good job at keeping the room warm.  The 2nd video is a long video that you don't have to watch - Baking with Grandma (Baba) & Mommy video.


1.  No Tail Wagging Zone Video Clip -- Best part of the Baking bread Video



http://youtu.be/flQAaw8Ad48


2. The long 10 minute video you don't have to watch.  I goes thru the baking bread from start to finish.  If you like watching cooking shows, maybe you would enjoy it.



http://youtu.be/A1GG2IJGeDk


Here are some Pictures

No Tail Wagging Zone sign

I am the good dog up front, and Benji is the one sniffing the Paska by the table.

Easter Basket we blessed on March 30, 3013.  (Do you see Mommy's purple "pysanka" Ukrainian Easter Egg between the bread and the butter lamb that we posted about last month.)


Have a great weekend everyone. 
Lassie and Benji




11 comments:

  1. Those breads came out just beautiful! I am very very impressed!! Now, about that no tail wagging zone sign.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just realized my mom forgot to make LAMB BUTTER! Geez, she's slacking.

    Your bread is gorgeous! If Chewy came over, he would've been snatching the whole thing off the table...if he can reach it, it is fair game (according to him). He and Benji are a lot alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. We haven't had breakfast yet.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched all of it...it was really interesting...but it makes SO MUCH! They look really yummy though...hope you and your family had a great Easter! I think it's really neat that you recorded all of this. It's a dying art, making bread like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think that's pawsome that u watched all of it. We give out the bread to the relatives and company who come over on easter. I think we only have 1 paska left a week after Easter. U would probably be shocked to hear, we usually made two batches of bread like that, this year we only made one batch. Now that's a lot of bread!

      Delete
  5. We are suddenly starving
    Snorts
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um my bagel just isn't cutting it right now!! That looks delicious!

    Piggy kisses,
    Katie and Coccolino the mini pig

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bread looks delicious! I think we made a mistake by not showing up at your house for Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoooo that bread looks TOO GOOD for WORDS...... I don't understand all that "No tail wagging bizziness" .... your mom needs to have a little warm air movement for that dough!?! No!?!

    I think you were helping!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete