Friday, July 20, 2012

Benjamin FINALLY has a middle name!

Mommy FINALLY gave Benjamin a middle name.   She always knew she wanted his middle name to start with the letter "G", butt she just couldn't figure out which name suited him.  My middle name is "Chase" because of Mommy's favorite baseball player (Chase Utley) so I can abbreviate my nickname "Lassie" to be "Lass-C."  So, Mommy wanted Benjamin's middle name to begin with a "G" so she can abbreviate his nickname "Benji" to be "Ben-G."   She finally picked a middle name for him (it took her almost a YEAR to figure it out) .... drumroll please........ GILLIGAN!  "Gilligan's Island" is a TV show Mommy used to watch a long time ago.  The show has a Captain that they call "Skipper" and his First Mate is "Gilligan".  Since I (Lassiter Chase) am the head of house, it's perfect that I am the Captain like "Skipper".  "Skipper" always wore a blue shirt -- and I have a blue collar and leash.  Mommy bought Benjamin a red collar and red leash last month - she wanted something that was green -- and she couldn't find a green collar and green leash ANYWHERE.  So, she said -- Benjamin's NEW color is going to be red from now on.    The character "Gilligan" on the TV show wore a red shirt.  (It must be fate!)   And well, Benjamin's personality matches the TV character "Gilligan" perfectly.

Benjamin is a little bit clumsy like "Gilligan" in the TV Show!  Sometimes it seems like Benjamin has 4 left paws!  
Benjamin is sweet, kind, and lovable like the character.
Benjamin always tries to be helpful -- but sometimes he ends up being a little goofy when trying to get the job done.  (Just like Gilligan in the TV show).  In this picture, I said I didn't want to wear my blue Flower Lei around my neck-- and Benjamin said,  "I'll help take it off !" You can see he pulled the Flower's right over my eyes -- I  yelling at him saying... BENJAMIN!  (Kinda the same way the "Skipper" used to get mad at "Gilligan" on the TV show.)
And finally, Benjamin and I make a great team!  "Skipper" calls "Gilligan" his "Little Buddy" on the TV show.  And that describes our personalities pawfectly!!!!  
Here is a video we found on YouTube with the theme song to the TV show "Gilligan's Island." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA0pd_1MxQ

Have a great weekend!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin Gilligan the Shelties!
Lassie & Benji
Lass-C & Ben-G

P.S.  Not sure we will use Benjamin's middle name all the time when we write our blog posts -- it's kinda a tongue twister to say "Benjamin Gilligan", butt at least now we know Benjamin has a middle name!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Gilligan is a super cute middle name Ben-G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Gilligian's "Isle" was part of my crossword this morning, and that song has been in my head all day! Crazy!

    I love dogs with middle names, why did I never give my dogs a middle name? I should. Misty kinda had one ...Misty~girl. But maybe Chewy and Oreo should have a middle name. I mean, a REAL middle name, not "no", "stop", and "quiet". Like Chewy-NO! Chewy STOP! Chewy QUIET! LOL. My first dog had an HBO word for her middle name....Lil' F*&#er.

    You are very creative and I love how your dogs have rapstar names now ~ Lass-C and Ben-G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lassie and Benji works for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love how the skipper called him Little Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a grreat middle name, Benjamin! Sometimes it takes a while for our peeps to find the right one. My middle name is Houdini, because I can get out of my crate and even open doors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we like your middle name. Mom loves that Gilligan
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love that show and I think it's a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that picture when Lassie has the Flower lei covering his eyes :D But what a nice thing for Benjamin to help big brother :) I love the name Gilligan! And it sure seems to suit him.

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just watched BB. I didn't catch what he said, so I rewound and put it on closed caption. BB interpreted it as "A whole lot of *bleep* in this b*&%h."

    Drama! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We like your middle name Ben-G!. Always liked Gilligan's Island but my favourite character was the professor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE Gilligan's Island! What a perfect name for the Little Buddy! See? Sometimes it takes time to find the perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats a cool middle name and sounds like it fits perfectly!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete