
Not sure what our faces are saying in the above photo -- it was a rainy weekend.
Anyway...
On Sunday, Mommy started off the morning grabbing the weekly supermarket circular that comes in the mail and started to read it.
I immediately thought -- oh no -- she is going to spend money and ruin our budget!
I instantaneously jumped on the sofa next to her and tried to smack the newspaper out of her hands with my paw. When that didn't work, I kept putting my nose under the bottom of the newspaper and tried to knock it out of her hands.
Mommy said -- Lassie, I need to go to the supermarket because we are down to our last roll of toilet paper.
I told Mommy -- Toilet Paper is NOT a necessity! If us dogs can go potty without using any toilet paper -- then you humans can do it too! Besides, if you need to wipe -- there is always the grass outside or the living carpet!
Mommy's like -- I don't think so!!!
I put my paw down and didn't want Mommy to go to the store since it was raining.
Then Mommy says -- Besides, Lassie, we are almost out of your dog food, we will need to buy it at some point this week or you will run out of it.
My ears perked up immediately, and told Mommy -- why didn't you say so in the first place!
I practically pushed Mommy out the door to buy dog food and said, make sure you take your jacket with the hood so you don't get too wet!
Then I added, maybe you should take an umbrella too so my bag of dog food doesn't get wet either!!!!
Mommy bought the toilet paper, dog food, and also bought us treats too!
So much for the budget!!!!
Lassie and Benji

This picture is of me and Ben snapped right after the other picture. I want to go back to bed for another nap on the sleepy rainy weekend -- and I think Benji is doing a potty inspection check on me. See, you don't need toilet paper when you have a little brother who can help clean up.
Yeah, I don't know who invented toilet paper. Why don't we just grow a nice lush plant beside the toilet and use the leaves, lol.
ReplyDeleteLOL. Oreo likes to make sure that Chewy keeps himself clean as well.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys got some treats! Even when on a budget, every once in a while you must splurge. Although I hope your mom bought generic toilet paper, so she'll have extra money for more treats!
Aw, tell Momma that we rub our butts on the grass, so why can't she?!? HOpe you got to sample one of those treats!
ReplyDeleteMom said the toilet paper and the dog treats were on sale. !!! Thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Ewww....this post is just gross! :)
ReplyDeleteha ha! Funny post! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou guys crack me up!
ReplyDelete