Sunday, January 22, 2012

Can't lie to a Sheltie and get away with it!

Sorry, no pictures or video for this blog post today. Just wanted to tell you it snowed a little yesterday - about an inch! Benji and I have been having tons of fun in the snow. Since it's the weekend, we can get Mommy to let us out practically every 5 minutes. We don't want to come in from the snow -- so Mommy has been lying to us to get us in. (Mommy is not the lying type -- so we have been falling for her lies every time.)

Finally enough lies were enough -- she acted like we had visitors in the house saying, "Hi, how are you, it's so nice of you to come visit us..." We have been thinking people were actually in the house and came in running from the snow to go in the house. Once we were in, she closed the door behind us , and we realized no visitors were in the house.

So, I didn't like Mommy lying anymore to us pretending like we had company (especially to me, since I'm head of the house), so, once she did it the last time -- and she turned to close the door behind us -- I jumped up and smacked Mommy on the butt with my two front paws.

She was laughing hysterically about me smacking her in the butt!

I gave her this look too -- don't you think you can lie to a Sheltie and think you can get away with it!

Have a great day!
Lassiter Chase and Benjamin

PS The roof is done -- I have a video of me being the foreman, Mommy hopes to post it later in the week or next weekend. Also, Grandma's heart surgery is this week -- so things are a bit busy. Keep your paws crossed for Grandma! Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Shall keep good thought for Grandma.....

    I must confess I have used the "want a biscuit?" to Tucker when he is being "puppy" on me and takes something he isn't suppose to have. Like tissue paper from the bathroom trash. Or socks from the closet. I know, I know but seriously sometimes us moms have to do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your grandma's surgery goes well.

    It is very difficult for us humans to outsmart a sheltie, but we keep trying anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to grandma! And, it's too bad we don't get to see your handywork with the muddy butt paw prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been outside enjoying our little bit of snow too, but last night rain washed it all away. :(

    Good luck to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, that is a tricky mama! Our mom does the opposite when she wants us to go outside, so she can clean house..."do you want to go for a car ride?"...opens the door and shuts us out!
    Grrrr,

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the snow sounds so much fun to play in - I'm so jealous as I'll probably never see snow in Sunny Australia!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, lying is wrong, your mommy deserved a smack for being dishonest.

    We will pray that things go super smoothly for your grandma.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete