Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Paws & Benji's new Christmas Sign




1) I promised to show you the video of us seeing Santa Paws on December 17th-- so here it is.

It is SUPER LOUD. So, you better have your humans turn down the volume on their computers. Santa came by on a Fire Truck. I don't know who was more excited to see Santa me or Mommy. Benji didn't know what was going on.

http://youtu.be/WdlW4xKAcJ8




2. Mommy finally finished painting the Benji Sign on December 18th. It matches the sign she painted for me last year. Too bad the clear coat was still drying, so we couldn't put it out in time for Santa Paws -- but at least its up now.

http://youtu.be/WI4hFF_jOQ4




The Pictures...


Benji's new sign.


The sign Mommy painted for me last year. It's getting a little faded on the left. Probably from the snow -- last year the snow was higher than my hat on the sign. I still can't believe Mommy painted that hat on my head! (Oh, can you tell Mommy used 2 different shades of blue to paint my sign because she ran out of the one color.)


Here are our signs together. One of the spot lights shines our signs up at night. (The Looney Toon sled was from a pattern that was painted years ago -- Tweety Bird is missing a foot, Mommy kinda broke it off by accident one year, when she was trying to put it up.)


Here's our house. The house doesn't have a fence in the front of the house, just the back. So, us dogs don't get to go out front much. But when we do get to go out front -- I water each bush 2 or 3 times each! I know how to get out of my harness, so Mommy doesn't let us go out front much. When Santa came by on the Firetruck, she put a big cardboard box on the porch to try to use as a gate.

Mommy says she just doesn't understand it, the harness goes on super tight. She even had the pet store and the vet adjust the harness two different times -- and I still can get out of it when I back up the right way. Mommy says -- it's like you see in the movies from when the women had to wear those corsets with the draw strings to try to get their dress to fit -- that's like how she puts on my harness, saying -- breath in Lassie, now hold it, so I can get this harness snapped.

And everytime, I can get out of the harness! Drives Mommy nuts everytime!

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin the Shelties


P.S. Next post will be our Christmas Card Picture!

3 comments:

  1. Watched the Santa video, and now Chewu wont stop barking out our window! He's either looking for you or looking for Santa!

    Your signs are amazing! I love them.

    Both Misty and Oreo have been able to get out of harnesses. Misty would become a contortionist to get out of hers, but only when something really startled her. Oreo only squirms out of his if I have the nerve to buckle him into the BACK seat. Obviously, I didn't hear him call shotgun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mommy is talented :) Those signs are pretty!

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song is about elves' Christmas night when everybody else is sleeping. They come to the house, eat and drink, play around the Christmas tree and then they go home to sleep :)

    That's the song in a nutshell :D It's one of the most known children's Christmas songs in Finland and it's very old and it does have a certain play in it too which everyone knows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMhWmRdY-rs here's one video where some children are playing it. But in my opinion they are playing it wrong when they comes to the part when the elves are playing around the christmas tree. When I was little we just took others hands and run in circle :) But like in many other things there's hundreds different ways to play this and everyone does something different always xD

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete